Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Crack the Shutters

I'm finally updating. I know, be shocked. Interesting stuff has finally happened (and Susan would only let me eat at Five Guy's if I updated, but still).

I finally have an internship! After three weeks with nothing to do, I started today at Common Cause and Public Campaign. At Common Cause I am a research intern responsible for researching Congressmen and writing reports on their voting records and money trail, along with other things. I'm also a communications intern for Public Campaign, where I hopefully be able to write press releases, blog, and generally do other things that my journalism classes taught me about. Both organizations are government accountability groups that focus on several reform issues, though Public Campaign focuses solely on campaign finance reform. I'm very excited and can't wait to actually get into the groove of working again.

In other news, I found out (on my birthday) that I have been nominated for the Taylor Medal, the highest academic achievement at Ole Miss. They only give them to 1% of the student body, and they are (theoretically) based solely on academic performance. I have a 4.0 GPA, but my course load wasn't quite as rigorous as people who weren't political science majors, so I honestly have no idea where I stand in the running. But it's seriously the only award I've ever wanted, so I really hope that I get it. I know God has everything under control, so I'm trying desperately to not worry about it.

That's about it from this side of the Potomac, but I'll try to be more diligent as more cool stuff starts happening.

1 comments:

Susan said...

"this side of the Potomac" - nice. As was the rest of your blog! *smile*

Post a Comment