Monday, January 11, 2010

Transatlanticism

I've finished my very first week here in DC an I'm still not entirely sure what to think. Overall, I would say it has been fun, if less eventful than I was hoping.

Cal and I got to have some lovely adventures. We went to the National Archives on our first day where we saw the original Magna Carta, the Declaration of Independence, the Constituion and the Bill of Rights. We then went to the Smithsonian Museum of American History on Friday; they had some of the most amazing things I've ever seen. Abe Lincoln's hat, Fonzie's jacket, George Washington's uniform, the flag from Ft. McHenry...like I said, I've gotten to see some amazing things. Add to all that my first glimpses of the Washington Monument, the Capitol, the White House and the Lincoln Memorial and I'd say this has been one heck of a week.

Other than that, I'm still looking for a job. I'm supposed to hear back from the place I interviewed tomorrow, so everyone keep me in your prayers if you would.

Hopefully things will pick up this week as far as excitement goes, so I might have more stuff to write about. I hope you're all doing well.

2 comments:

Susan said...

it works!

Valzaan87 said...

You have a job now ;) !!!! p.s. turn off word verification please...it's not fair to all the humans that leave comments...and robots for that matter....

Post a Comment